Overloading Electrical Circuits

Embedded Scribd iPaper - Requires Javascript and Flash Player
Dear Residents, Electrical overloads can be dangerous and may present a fire hazard to your suite as well as the whole building. All the fuses in your unit should be 15-amp. Never over fuse – do NOT replace a 15-amp fuse with a more powerful one to try to meet an added power demand. The building is 35 years old and the wiring is incapable of handling the additional demand. To avoid blowing the fuses do NOT use splitters anywhere in your unit. Plug kitchen appliances – your refrigerator, microwave, kettle or frying pan – directly into the wall, never into an extension cord, and not more than two appliances per receptacle. Your anticipated co-operation is most appreciated. Thank you, Coca Berea Site Administrator YCC 336/ 394

Published under a Creative Commons License By attribution, non-commercial